Schedule a Service Call
If you are an existing Omega client and need to schedule a service call with one of our technicians.
Test Your System
It is important to periodically test your security system with the central monitoring station to ensure that all system components and devices are functioning properly. We recommend that all clients test their system on a monthly or quarterly basis. To test your system:
- Call 1-877-890-2136
- Make sure you have your account number and pass code prior to calling
- Once you are connected to an Omega representative at the central monitoring station, identify yourself and let the dispatcher know that you would like to test your system
- The monitoring station representative will verify you account information and give instructions on how to place your system in test mode
- Should your system not test properly or need servicing they will advise you to schedule a service call with one of our technicians
Omega offers automatic monthly testing for a minimal monthly fee in addition to your monthly monitoring rate. If you would like to activate this feature, please contact 1-877-77-OMEGA and one of our representatives will gladly assist.
The following preventative maintenance tips can ensure you get the most out of your security system and increase the life of the equipment:
- TEST YOUR SYSTEM MONTHLY
- Change the batteries on all wireless devices and battery back-ups at the system panel semi-annually to annually.
- “Lightly” dust off your motion detectors, glass break sensors, smoke alarms, and other system devices on a monthly basis. DO NOT USE ANY LIQUID FORM CLEANING AGENTS. We recommend dusting with a some form of handle held duster, such as Swiffer Duster, or by using a moisture free compressed gas duster much like the ones used to clean a computer keyboard
Omega offers preventative maintenance service contracts for all residential and commercial clients where our technicians will perform preventative maintenance servicing for the client. Prices vary for preventative maintenance servicing contracts depending on the type of system. If you would like more information on a preventative maintenance servicing contract for your home or business systems, please contact 1-877-77-OMEGA and one of our representatives will gladly discuss available options.
Additional Preventative Maintenance
Preventing False Alarms:
- Make sure all doors and windows with sensors are completely secured before turning on your alarm system.
- Be sure that everyone who will use your alarm system knows how to operate it properly and what to do if the system is set off accidentally.
- Make sure all contact information and pass-codes are kept up-to-date.
- Test your system regularly.
- Notify Omega immediately if you think your system isn’t working properly.
- Notify Omega if you plan any remodeling, get a pet or plan to sell your home.
Switching to VoIP or Digital Phone Service may affect your alarm system
For a VoIP user who elects to keep a traditional phone line, there will be no affect on the operation of their security system. However, in many cases, subscribers considering these new VoIP technologies plan to disconnect the traditional phone line that has been used to provide telephone service to the home. Before disconnecting your traditional phone line, homeowners should understand that some VoIP services may expose them to the risk of losing operation of the security system during a power outage. In some cases, some types of VoIP service may not properly transmit signals from the home security system. If you are planning to switch your home phone service from a traditional to VoIP/Digital service, please contact us at 1-877-77-OMEGA and consult with one of our technicians to make sure that your security system remains online with the central monitoring station.
Going on vacation or out of town?
If you are going on vacation or out of town for any reason, please contact Omega’s central monitoring station at 1-877-890-2136 to make sure we have contact information where you can be reached in the event of alarm while you are away. You can also request email or text notification in the event of an alarm if you will be traveling internationally.